Job Type: Full-time
Title: Research Technician
Salary: Salary is commensurate with the job title and responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of an Associate degree in biology (or relevant field). Other qualifications/skills should include:
- Direct experience in rodent handling and care
- Motivated self-starter with high performance metrics
- Commitment to good teamwork practices
- Good communication skills
SENS Research Foundation (SRF) is hiring a full-time Research Technician for our Vivarium at the SRF Research Center in Mountain View, CA. SRF is an exciting, non-profit dedicated to transforming the way the world researches and treats age-related disease. More information can be found at our website: www.sens.org
The Research Technician will be a key contributor to the development and execution of innovative anti-aging intervention projects. The Technician performs husbandry, housing and care of rodents within the vivarium.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Set up housing and provide feed and water.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate photoperiod cycle daily: setting and assessing room mechanical timer for appropriate operation on 24-hour cycle for 14-hour day and 10-hour dark cycle.
- Track and document temperature and humidity ranges every 24 hours within the holding room with attention to the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals standards for acceptable ranges.
- Operate within a noise and vibration monitored environment to protect research models from disruptive confounding and breeding sensitive impact.
- Capable of observing animals for general health and general animal room standards.
- Recognize deviations from normal or expected outcomes based on known reference standards and makes recommendations to supervisor.
- Recognize and document unusual occurrences and notify supervisor.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain well documented laboratory records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, fully covered health insurance (inclusive of dependents), an FSA program, and a company matched 401(k) plan, all of which is offered after a 90-day introductory period. SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is commensurate with the job title and responsibilities.
The position is available now and will be filled as soon as the qualified candidate is found.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their current CV and cover letter to [email protected]