The SRF Design-a-Mask Competition!
Mask Up With SRF
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, SENS Research Foundation’s team at our Research Center in Mountain View have continued to work as intensively as local regulations permit. Of course, that includes the mandatory use of face coverings.
We invited all our supporters to submit designs for an official SRF mask. As well as being worn by our staff, these masks will be available in limited supply to anyone who’d like to support our work to end age-related disease and disability.
At the close of the competition, we’ll select the best three entries and run a poll on SRF’s Facebook Page to allow our supporters to vote for their favourite design.
The Importance of Masks
It’s widely agreed that wearing a mask reduces your chances of transmitting SARS-CoV-2 to others, even during the critical period of “silent spread,” when you have no symptoms and are most likely to transmit the virus to your friends and neighbors.
There’s now a growing body of evidence that wearing a mask also protects you from becoming infected, as well as evidence (reviewed in a recent article from the New England Journal of Medicine) that individuals who are infected despite wearing a mask are still several times less likely to develop severe illness. This may be because face coverings significantly reduce the initial dose of the virus received, giving the body more time to mount a response before things get out of hand.
- The competition has now ended. Please see below for pre-ordering an SRF mask.
- All entries must comply with the following specifications:
- Entries must be final designs and printable.
- Use the design template to ensure proper sizing.
- Vector graphics are strongly preferred.
- Any raster graphics must be 300 dpi or higher.
- Files should be in PDF, TIFF, PSD, IDML, EPS, or AI format.
- Files should be submitted HERE.
- The design submitted must be relevant to SENS and/or rejuvenation biotechnology.
- All submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- All entries will become the property of SENS Foundation, Inc. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to SENS Foundation, Inc.
- Selection criteria:
For questions, please contact [email protected].
Our masks will be produced shortly after the selection of the winning design, and will be available through the end of 2020 – while supplies last.
If you’d like to secure an official SRF mask for yourself, you can pre-order by making a donation through the PayPal links below at any time before the final winner is announced.