Job Type: Full-time
Title: Science Education Specialist
Salary: $65,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Location: Hybrid remote in Mountain View, CA 94041
Schedule: Day Shift
SRF is an exciting, cutting edge non-profit dedicated to transforming the way the world researches and treats age-related disease. Learn more about us at www.sens.org.
SENS Research Foundation (SRF) is hiring a Science Education Specialist for our foundation located in Mountain View, CA. This is a full-time position and will be hybrid with at least 20hrs/week in person in Mountain View, CA.
We offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave, fully covered health insurance (inclusive of dependents), an FSA program, and a company matched 401(k) plan. SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
The position is available now and will be filled as soon as the qualified candidate is found. Salary is commensurate with job title.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biology and/or education (or relevant field). Other qualifications or skills should include:
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills – especially via email
- Capacity for scientific literacy and passion for our mission
- Creativity for remote communication, education, and relationship building
- Extremely thorough and organized
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft access or other database
- 1+ years of teaching experience
Duties will include:
- Coordinating between students, researchers, and admin staff
- Recruitment/interview duties
- Advising on scientific presentations and documents
- Coordinating between SRF and host institutions
- Facilitating and organizing seminars and presentations
- Organizing application materials and screening applications for academic programs
- Managing logistical inquiries from applicants
- Managing schedules
- Travel appx 1 week every 3 months
Estimated division of time includes:
- 25% coordinating paperwork, schedules, and logistical arrangements
- 50% mentoring, recruiting, and interviewing (seasonal)
- 25% “Passion projects” – one quarter of the coordinator’s time will be reserved for projects that align with the candidate’s interests, within the framework of the existing programs.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resumes and cover letters to [email protected].