Job Type: Full-time
Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Salary: Salary is commensurate with job title.
SENS Research Foundation (SRF) is hiring a Marketing and Communications Manager (MarCom Manager). SRF is an exciting, cutting-edge non-profit organization located in the heart of Silicon Valley dedicated to transforming the way the world researches and treats aging. More detailed information can be found at our website: www.sens.org
We seek a MarCom Manager to join our small but dynamic Outreach team. Our MarCom Manager will work supporting our Director of Outreach and Outreach team.
The MarCom Manager is responsible for the development of all marketing and communications strategies for the company, and overseeing all operations involving media and public relations.
The individual will devise marketing strategies and programs to improve brand awareness, handle external communications, and craft communication strategies for the promotion of our work, brand, and mission, as well as aid in the creation of promotional materials, digital content, and more.
They will be responsible for the development of goals, strategies, and the implementation of processes to execute comprehensive marketing plans, and the successful creation, launch and management of fundraising campaigns.
The primary objectives are to maintain the organization’s status as an industry leader and our brand integrity.
This role will take the lead in creating newsletters and press releases, and engage with the press and other mediums to ensure that they align in the company’s vision, mission, and regulations.
This role reports to the Director of Outreach and works in tandem with the CEO to create strategic plans that are in line with SENS Research Foundation’s long-term strategy.
This is a highly creative position in a fast-growing organization and field.
The ideal candidate will have a professional and positive attitude, has an appreciation of the current exponential technological growth and innovation in the rejuvenation biotechnology industry, and feels inspired to help accelerate SRF’s new technologies to make a big positive impact in the world by addressing age related disease.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing (or other relevant field.)
- Must be fluent in English, native English speakers highly preferred.
- 5-7 years of proven work experience in marketing and communications, social media, media relations, public relations and digital strategy, advertising and/orSEO.
- Experience in journalism, filmmaking, graphic design and video content creation highly preferred.
- Understanding and appreciation of marketing best practices for a non-profit.
- Excellent and creative writing and communication skills.
- Solid understanding of all social media platforms.
• Proficiency with Photoshop, video editing, and website development and management.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, and other programs for metrics.
- Knowledge of WordPress and Elementor highly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task several projects at once.
- A professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone or via email.
- Positive and kind attitude in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing field and workplace.
- Knowledge of the Rejuvenation Biotechnology field and advocacy to the longevity community preferred but not required.
- Content creation for social media.
- Continuous posting and scheduling for social media.
- Video content creation from pre- to post-production.
- Creation of graphics for publications, articles, and announcements.
- Creation of monthly Newsletter.
- Creation of scientific podcasts from pre- to post-production.
- Collaborate with Outreach Team on PR objectives.
- Maintain website current and dynamic with constant renewal of content that will represent the activities and progress of the organization.
- Analyze social media coverage and draft appropriate responses.
- Collaborate with researchers to create content to promote their work.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify the public voice of the brand.
- Create style guides and brand voice outlines for all public relations, marketing, advertising and other vital departments.
- Consult with executive management to develop effective communication procedures and policies for various situations or crises.
- Create press releases and speeches following organizational news.
- Write letters, interdepartmental memos, and other business correspondence.
- Communicate with media outlets and journalists and create press kits.
- Develop materials to educate staff on communication practices.
- Perform communications research and monitor the progress of various communications strategies.
- Maintain a unified brand voice across our different social media platforms.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Create a social media calendar.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. We offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave, fully covered health and dental insurance (inclusive of dependents), an FSA program, and a company-matched 401(k) plan, all of which is offered after a 90-day introductory period. SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We may sponsor a visa for international applicants. This position will be full-time during normal business hours (M-F 9 am – 5 pm PST). The candidate must reside in the Los Angeles or Mountain View (CA) area, or be willing to relocate.
The position is available now and will be filled as soon as the qualified candidate is found.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resumes and cover letters to [email protected]