Job Type: Full-time (8hr shift, Monday-Friday)
Title: Data Scientist
Salary: Pay is salaried, commensurate with experience and local rates.
- Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, computational biology, bioinformatics or related fields
- Knowledge and experience in statistics and modeling
- Extensive experience with machine learnin
- Strong coding skills in Python or R
- Experience with MitoProd and Provean would be advantageous
- Experience with Design of experiments (DOE) or similar techniques advantageous
- Experience with working on experimental/trial design and results analysis in close collaboration with experimental biologists and/or clinicians
You may be a good match if you are
- Self-motivated and proactive with an eye for where you can make a positive contribution across a range of diverse projects
- Detail-oriented, organized, and technically competent
- Adaptable, responsive, and responsible
- Enthusiastic about rapidly and creatively experimenting, learning, and improving
- Able to explain technical concepts clearly with good interpersonal skills
SENS Research Foundation (SRF) is hiring a Data Scientist, to help internal projects at our Research Center (RC) in Mountain View, California. SRF is a non-profit organization globally recognized for its dedication to transforming the way the world researches and treats aging (www.sens.org). The RC hosts the SRF internal research including PIs, postdoctoral specialists, researchers, and students.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to advise on all aspects of data analysis across the entirety of the SRF Research program. We are seeking a creative and ambitious individual who will help to plan experiments, evaluate internal experimental data, and help analyze public data repositories. You will advise SRF scientists and external grant recipients in direct liaison with the SRF Vice President of Research.
This is a creative position as part of an intelligent, interdisciplinary, and fast-moving organization. Specific knowledge surrounding the biology of aging is not required, but there should be a fundamental interest in solving aging as a global health crisis. Initial projects will include protein structure modeling, pathway analysis based on proteomic and genomic datasets, automatization of image analysis, and statistical analysis of lifespan data.
We offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave, fully covered health insurance (inclusive of dependents), an FSA program, and a company matched 401(k) plan, all of which is offered after a 90-day introductory period. SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our organization. Visa sponsoring is a possibility.
The position is available now and will be filled as soon as the qualified candidate is found.
Please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter to [email protected]