Job Type: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1
Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Salary: commensurate with job title
SENS Research Foundation (SRF) is hiring an Accounts Payable Clerk for our foundation located in Mountain View, CA. SRF is an exciting, cutting edge non-profit dedicated to transforming the way the world researches and treats age-related disease.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of an Associate Degree in Accounting (or relevant field) and previous accounts payable experience. Direct experience or training with Quickbooks software is preferred. Other qualifications or skills should include:
- Attention to detail
- Thoroughness and organized
- Efficient and capable of meeting regular deadlines
- Flexible and willing to learn new skills
- Familiar with California state accounting principals and guidelines
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
This is a full-time position and will be remote to start – however that may change post-COVID concerns. We are willing to be flexible for the right candidate. Duties will include:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles accounts by verifying entries and comparing financial reports to account balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and classes by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by approving invoices online, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Receives and verifies expense reports.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents in online filing system.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Creates and disperses monthly budget vs actual reports to various internal programs.
- Works closely with SRF’s CPA and outside accounting firm.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
We offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave, fully covered health insurance (inclusive of dependents), an FSA program, and a company matched 401(k) plan, all of which is offered after a 90-day introductory period. SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
The position is available now and will be filled as soon as the qualified candidate is found. Salary is commensurate with job title.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting their resumes and cover letters to [email protected].