Job Type: Full-time
Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow – Catabody Project
Salary: Pay is salaried, commensurate with experience and local rates; typically around $60,000/year.
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- Molecular biology: 2 years (Preferred)
- Wet chemistry: 2 years (Preferred)
SENS Research Foundation (SRF) is hiring a postdoctoral research fellow for our Research Center (RC) located in Mountain View, CA. SRF is an exciting, cutting-edge non-profit dedicated to transforming the way the world researches and treats aging.
More detailed information can be found here.
We seek a postdoctoral fellow to join our small but dynamic immunology team led by Dr. Amit Sharma. The project geared towards developing a novel way to remove abnormal tau aggregation. The project is potentially relevant for developing therapeutic mitigation of normal age-dependent cognitive decline, as well as for tauopathies like Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders. This project involves utilizing enzymatic antibodies to target toxic tau aggregates. As part of the project we will explore ways of delivering antibodies into cells. We will use human iPS derived neuronal cells as a model system to test the catalytic antibodies and confirm tau degradation. The project involves extensive use of cell culture and mice models and involves working with human blood samples, primary human cells, and mice tissue. Duties will include performing wet-lab experiments, recording and analyzing data, and presenting the results in meetings every 2-3 months.
- Ph.D. in chemical/biological sciences and substantial bench experience or several years of industry experience
- antibody design/production/screening
- general molecular biology techniques (such as quantitative real-time PCR, Western blot, immunofluorescence, ELISA.)
- iPSC culturing and neuronal differentiation
- Team player
- Creativity and the ability to think beyond an experiment to envision the path to success
- Capacity to adapt as priorities and requirements change
- Ability to plan and document your work diligently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Positive spirit, a real drive for science
We offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave, fully covered health and dental insurance (inclusive of dependents), an FSA program, and a company-matched 401(k) plan, all of which is offered after a 90-day introductory period. SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. The job offer comes with two years contract with the possibility of an extension. We may sponsor a visa for international applicants.
The position is available now and will be filled as soon as the qualified candidate is found. Salary is commensurate with the job title.
Interested candidates should apply by emailing a cover letter and current CV to [email protected].
All employees are to follow COVID restrictions, which will lighten as our workplace is vaccinated. All employees are expected to wear PPE. Vaccinating is strongly encouraged.