Job Type: Full-time
Number of Positions: 1
Title: Group Leader
Salary: Pay is salaried ~ $80,000.00 /year
- BS, BA, or MS in Biology, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- 5+ years’ laboratory experience
- Automated microscopy
- Demonstrated supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Works effectively in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities and project timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff & other PIs
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports
- Experience in pre-clinical development desirable
- Knowledge of aging biology highly desirable
SENS Research Foundation (SRF) is hiring a Group Leader for our Research Center (RC) located in Silicon Valley (Mountain View, CA). SRF is an exciting, cutting edge non-profit dedicated to transforming the way the world researches and treats aging. Globally recognized as the pioneer in efforts to target aging—the number one risk factor for diseases including Alzheimer’s, cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
We are seeking a flexible and highly motivated individual to establish a new group at SENS Research Foundation. Responsibilities include research as well as technical and organizational leadership. The ideal candidate is a person that has a passion for lifespan extension and has a desire to push interventions towards translation. Experience in a start-up environment or in a pharma company preferred.
SRF is a fast-paced environment, and the successful candidate will be extremely organized and efficient. We are looking for someone with expertise in molecular biology, histology, in vivo imaging and rodent work who has served in a managerial role and is familiar with regulatory, training, and logistics tasks. This individual must be proficient with writing scientific and technical reports and presentation of results at meetings/conferences. The Group Leader must be able to work independently as well as nurture lab cohesiveness and team development.
The project would be focused on testing combinations of aging interventions in rodents. The first combination to be tested will be senolytics and stem cells. The group leader will be responsible for researching further combinations and establishing lifespan testing program.
- Establish the new group
- Oversee/perform laboratory instructions
- Organize and oversee the daily operations of the team
- Mentor and supervise new team members
- Enter and analyze data and maintain research data files
- Develop and implement appropriate administrative policies and procedures for the laboratory
- Review, and approve SOPs
Our leadership team is a group of mission-driven, kind, and thoughtful individuals. We take pride in evolving a work environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and authenticity. We believe that great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer an excellent benefits package including paid vacation and sick leave, fully covered health insurance (inclusive of dependents), an FSA program, and a company matched 401(k) plan, all of which is offered after a 90-day introductory period. SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
The position is available now and will be filled as soon as the qualified candidate is found.
Please submit your CV along with a Cover Letter to [email protected]
All employees are to follow COVID restrictions, which will lighten as our workplace is vaccinated. All employees are expected to wear PPE. Vaccinating is strongly encouraged.