Advancing Regenerative Therapies in Musculoskeletal Disease and Diabetes - Panel Discussion
This panel brought together speakers from the morning sessions to consider the possibility of applying a drug trial design similar to the ones emerging from the Alzheimer’s Disease and cancer communities. The feasibility of applying such a model was considered with the biology of the disease, regulatory concerns, and pharmaceutical needs in mind.
- Aubrey de Grey, CSO, SENS Research Foundation (Moderator)
- Christy Carter, Assistant Professor, Department of Aging and Geriatric Research, Institute on Aging, University of Florida
- Andrew Martello, Managing Director, Spoonful of Sugar
- Camillo Ricordi, Stacy Joy Goodman Professor of Surgery, Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Director, Diabetes Research Institute and Cell Transplant Program, University of Miami
- Young Jang, Assistant Professor, Georgia Institute of Technology