Advancing Regenerative Therapies in Alzheimer's and Cardiovascular Disease - Panel Discussion
This panel brought together speakers from sessions throughout the day to consider the promise of a damage repair strategy to develop therapeutics for the diseases of aging. Discussion included a summary of the accomplishments of the Alzheimer’s community in suggesting an innovative drug development strategy as well as debate about how such a strategy could apply to cardiovascular therapies. In particular, the panel considered the impact applying a strategy similar to the ACT-AD proposal would have on cardiovascular disease therapeutic development, investment in cardiovascular drug development, and the healthcare system.
- Aubrey de Grey, CSO, SENS Research Foundation (Moderator)
- Rachelle Doody, Professor of Neurology, Director, Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorders Center, Baylor College of Medicine
- Neil Littman, Business Development Officer, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM)
- Linda Marban, CEO, Capricor Therapeutics
- Eric Siemers, Medical Director, Alzheimer’s Disease Team, Eli Lilly