Project for Awesome 2017
Since 2007, the Project for Awesome, also known as P4A, has been supporting the work of charities worldwide every year. The Foundation to Decrease World Suck, a Montana-based charitable organization run by the Vlogbrothers Hank and John Green, has a simple plan: to make the world a better place.
So, how do they plan to do this? The idea is really quite simple; they are giving you the chance to support your favorite charities – SENS Research Foundation - by creating and voting on short videos. In previous years, winning charities have won around $25,000 each; this could help to keep our researchers supplied and working on the solutions to age-related diseases.
Sounds great, how can I help?
The previous P4A-winning charities were the ones who had ten or more supporting videos sent in by the community. So, we are asking you to support us by creating a short video and sending it to P4A on December 15th-17th, and also to vote for the other SENS Research Foundation community videos created in support of our work.
Don’t worry; you don’t need to be a master filmmaker to make a compelling video. There are some great tips for making videos in the FAQ section at P4A, but here are some tips to help you raise the bar for your video:
Video making tips
- First, create a short video around two minutes long explaining why you care about and support the work of the SENS Research Foundation. You can take a look at some of the previous winning videos here to get a feel for what works well.
- Prepare your video by uploading it to your youtube channel, but keep it unlisted. Make sure you include the usual things, such as a title, tags, and a good description. Use the keywords: Project4Awesome 2017 and P4A 2017.
- Next, make a video thumbnail using their graphic assets here, and add this to your video.
- Finally, at 12:00 PM EST on December 15th, make your video public and send it to the P4A website in the way explained on the website.
- Ask all your friends to vote for the videos in support of us because the votes count on every video, not just one.
- Share and spread the word about P4A, and be sure to use #p4a2017 in your Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr posts.
- Remember, multiple charities can win prizes during the event, so feel free to support other longevity research charities too. We have good reason to believe there may be other familiar groups appearing in P4A 2017, so spread the love!
These videos are going to be reaching the general audience, and, as such, we suggest focusing on the aspects of rejuvenation biotechnology that most people will relate to in your videos. Health, independence, and finding solutions to age-related diseases are great points to highlight rather than immortality or living forever, which carry considerable stigma and are not the focus of what we do.
Thank you in advance if you decide to make a video or even if you just support us by voting. Thank you for helping us and P4A make the world a better place.