Job Opportunity: Network Engineer/Systems Administrator
Update (April 2016): This post has been filled.
SRF is looking to hire a new Information Technology technician who specializes in network engineering and systems administration. The position calls for high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, hubs, bridges and routers, for a small non-profit company. Typical duties would include:
- installing, configuring, and maintaining voice, data, and video equipment,
- identifying equipment problems and initiating corrective action,
- creating, modifying, and deleting user accounts,
- monitoring systems security and responding to security incidents,
- ensuring integrity and confidentiality of sensitive data,
- implementing network security policies and procedures,
- managing, monitoring, and updating virus-prevention systems,
- maintaining an inventory of installed software, licensing, and creating policy/procedure for upgrades and maintenance,
- maintaining a web server,
- setting up and providing support for Windows and Apple computers and supporting Microsoft Office applications,
- installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades,
- analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues,
- performing system backups and recovery
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Detail-oriented with in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software.
- 3 or more years of experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, Internet protocols, and TCP/IP, and server and network infrastructure.
- Experience in coordinating and executing network software and hardware upgrades, trouble-shooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance, connectivity and related network problems, and administering LAN/WAN security, antivirus, and spam control measures.
- Experience with Voice Over IP Phone Systems
- Ability to multi-task with a strong sense of organization
- Capable of maintaining a flexible work schedule.
The position will be for approximately 20 – 30 hours/week and may include health benefits.
If interested in the position, please send a cover letter, CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. This post has been filled.