Job Opportunity: Executive Assistant
SENS Research Foundation is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to join our dynamic and motivated team in Mountain View, California. We are a small, non-profit research foundation working on curing the disabilities and diseases of old age.
This position is an opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and diligent professional with outstanding interpersonal skills and a strong sense of initiative. The Executive Assistant is primarily responsible for meeting the administrative needs of the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Science Officer, planning and executing small, special events, and helping to support the Director of Operations with various tasks. They will report directly to the Director of Operations, but will work closely with the CEO.
The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of experience in an executive administrative role, as well as in the non-profit or scientific research space. We’d also prefer the candidate to have some prior experience with fundraising activities and basic accounting. An Associate degree is mandatory for this position, as is a valid USA driver’s license.
2-5 years in Executive Administration
1-3 years in Project Management
Minimum Associates Degree, preferred Bachelor’s Degree
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Exceptional ability to organize and multi-task
Exceptional and Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs, and exercise sound judgment
Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
Expertise with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Suite: Google Docs and Drive
Knowledge of QuickBooks and Salesforce highly recommended
Essential Duties and Functions:
CEO/CSO Support (50%)
· Support executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, drafting letters, doing necessary research into a topic
· Format, proofread, and help prepare internal and external documents
· Maintain CEO/CSO calendars
· Be conversant in program work and organizational operations to interface effectively with staff, donors, Board Members, and partners
· Prepare all Board communications and packages
· Maintain all Board-related documents, including Board and committee minutes
Operational Support (50%)
· Aid in entering Accounts Payable into accounting software
· Help with Budget Adherence and Annual Audit
· Help plan, coordinate, and support small, special events or projects
· Support Fundraising efforts and Donor database management
· Prepare Agendas as needed for various meetings
SENS Research Foundation is proud to offer a competitive salary which includes fully covered health insurance, inclusive of dependents, an FSA program, and a company matched 401(k) plan offered after the 90-day introductory period. Salary is commensurate with experience.
SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (as a single PDF document in the format “Your Name – Executive Assistant”) and two (2) writing samples to email@example.com.