Job Opportunity: Administrative Assistant
Update (March 2018): This post has been filled.
SENS Research Foundation is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant at the Mountain View, CA Research Center. The position is an opportunity for a diligent and reliable professional. The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Director of Operations and is the front face of SENS Research Foundation. The ideal candidate would have 1+ years of experience in both an administrative role as well as in the non-profit space; some prior experience with laboratory operations and basic accounting is a bonus. An Associate degree is mandatory for this position, as is a valid USA driver’s license.
1+ years of experience in an Administrative role
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Outstanding ability to organize and multi-task
Demonstrated ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks with minimal oversight
Expertise with Microsoft suite
Essential Duties and Functions:
Basic Administration (75%)
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Greet visitors with a pleasant demeanor
- Send and receive mail/packages
- Place orders and maintain an office supply inventory
- Act as primary liaison with vendors
- Understand and utilize basic filing systems and be capable of maintaining secure, organized files
- Create itineraries for visitors as well as staff
- Arrange all travel and accommodations for select visitors and staff
- Tidy up around office, break room, and laboratory
- Organize small staff events – including picking up food, running errands, etc. as needed
- Draft and edit basic organizational documents for distribution as needed
Accounting Support (15%)
- Collect and enter bills into the bill payment system for processing
- Create account receivable reports on a weekly basis
- Create and send deposits to the bank
SENS Research Foundation is proud to offer a competitive salary which includes fully covered health insurance, inclusive of dependents, an FSA program, and a company matched 401(k) plan offered after the 90-day introductory period. Salary is commensurate with experience.
SENS Research Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume (as a single PDF document in the format “Your Name – Administrative Assistant”) and two (2) writing samples to email@example.com by March 9th, 2018.