Program Eligibility Requirements
The eligibility requirements for SRF Summer Scholar applicants varies slightly depending on the host country. Please review the following explanations to verify which positions to which you may apply.
1. This program is designed for undergraduate students. Only students who are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree or students who received their undergraduate degree during 2018 are eligible for the 2018 SRF Summer Scholars Program. Students currently enrolled in a postgraduate program, such as masters or doctoral, are not eligible.
2. Students enrolled in a dual undergrad/grad program are eligible provided the undergraduate degree (i.e. B.S., B.A., or equivalent) has not yet been conferred.
For positions based in the United States:
1. The applicant must be enrolled at a university in the U.S. Special circumstances, such as established exchange programs, will be considered on a case-by-case basis. U.S. citizens studying abroad are also eligible to apply.
2. Applicants must be eligible to receive a stipend. It will be incumbent upon the student to provide the necessary documentation to participate, not SRF or the host institution. Students who are studying abroad in the U.S. will need to participate in the Summer Scholars Program through a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) for off-campus employment (or a similar program that fulfills the work visa requirements). Please check with your university to determine what forms you need to complete prior to accepting a SRF Summer Scholar position. Verification of your eligibility will be required before a position can be confirmed. You can learn more about CPT requirements here.
For the position based at the University of Oxford:
1. You must be able to travel to the United Kingdom to start the internship before the end of June 2018. The University of Oxford can provide a work visa for international applicants.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for the program, you may contact SRF Director of Education Greg Chin at email@example.com.