Postbaccalaureate Fellowship Program Details
- Applicants are expected to have some prior research experience.
- Although GPA will be a consideration, there are no formal GPA requirements.
- There are no specific major requirements. Students of any major may apply, provided they can demonstrate relevant experience to the project in question.
- As noted on the eligibility page, applicants who have earned their bachelor’s degree within the past 2 years are eligible to apply. Thus, the 2019 class of Postbaccalaureate Fellows will consist of graduates from the classes of 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- Only international students who can use optional practical training (OPT) work authorization are welcome to apply.
- The online application will be available on January 7, 2019.
- Completed applications are due at NOON PST on Monday, March 4, 2019 (12 pm PST 3/4/19). Be sure to ask for your letter of recommendation well in advance to provide sufficient time for it to be submitted.
- Finalists will be contacted by Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
Start Date and Duration
- The precise start date is negotiable, but ideally fellows should be prepared to start at the beginning of September.
- The fellowship will last 10 months.
- Stipend rates will be based upon levels used by the NIH and NSF.
- Participants in the program will need to locate their own housing. Advice can be provided by SRF and the host lab.